Problems with your Surface’s network connection? We help you with a correct WiFi configuration
Leave it in the hands of the most qualified professionals so that you have your equipment as «taken out of the package»!
Don’t worry, you are not the only one who has had to go through this problem. We are sure that most of the users have experienced some failure with the functionality of their WiFi device. Sometimes it will have been easy for them to solve the conflict. Others, maybe not so much. How do you usually resolve this conflict? Looking for information on sites like Google to try to find the error.
The WiFi connection rarely causes any problems, but when it fails, without a doubt, it makes itself felt 💎
From the experience that the cases that occur in our premises have left us, trying to take action on your own when fixing a connection to the network, via WiFi, could only cause more problems by not making the configurations of the properly.
With all the equipment you have to be very careful, but in the case of the Microsoft Surface, the handling is usually quite precise and delicate, due to the same specifications of the machine.
Fortunately, you can count on a Surface Labs technical service, specialized in these devices, to pinpoint the fault that exists with the WiFi and resolve it in a short time.
What to do if WiFi settings are missing on Surface?
For this, you can get an answer in various solutions. Of course, before trying them, the symptoms should be similar to those that we will mention below.
- Restart your Surface and check your WiFi settings. Remember, restarting is what you should do, not shutting down the PC. Of course, before that, you have to make sure that the wiring and modem work perfectly. Then, access, at startup, power-reboot. If there is any update to be done, let it run. Once the computer restarts, log in, select start – settings – network and internet and make sure that airplane mode is not active. Clever! You will be able to connect to the network. If this doesn’t work, continue reading.
- Continuing with something we have said,install the updates that the system asks you for. But if you don’t have a fast, secure and alternative way to connect for a while, use the ethernet connection to accomplish this task. Likewise, you can download the file to update, save it on a USB, on another PC, and transfer it to your Surface. The idea is that the equipment is up to date since sometimes the errors start from there (if it is not updated)
Other WiFi configuration options
- A classic fix if Wi-Fi settings are missing on your Surface: Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter. That’s what it exists for. It is very effective in diagnosing many of the problems of this type and helping to solve them. You just have to select the start button and go to the settings. Once there, go to the system tab – troubleshooting – other troubleshooters – run next to network adapter. Select WiFi (which must be activated) and, finally, click on connect, in the network of your choice.
- Check, in the device manager, that the WiFi network is available. Settings for this item may not be visible on the Surface. This assumes that it is not enabled. To solve the situation, go to the search engine, in the task bar, and type «device manager». Once selected, verify that you have one of the following drivers or adapters: Intel WiFi 6 AX200 or AX201 (Available on 15-inch and 13.5-inch Surface Laptop 3- Intel, , Surface Laptop 4, Surface Laptop Go, Surface Pro 7, Surface Pro 8, Surface Pro 7 +, Surface Go 3, and Surface Laptop Studio), Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A (available on Surface Go, Surface Laptop 3 (15-inch with ADM), and Surface Pro X), or Marvell AVASTAR which is available on all other of brand equipment. You will have to click on the controller tab, of the selected one, and disable the device – press the answer «yes» – restart the chosen network controller and enable the device. Restart the PC.
Can a QR code be generated with the WiFi password on a Microsoft Surface?
Although many users still continue to use the password of letters and numbers, as usual, some others have chosen to make use of the tools of the new technology. Be part of the new trends!
One of them is access through QR codes ✅
In a certain sense, it is easier to copy the key this way, since it is sometimes difficult to save it on a device, especially when using the one that comes by default in the router.
You will have to follow a few simple steps: ✅
- Make sure that you are connected to a WiFi network and it must be the same one that you want to share. Once this is verified, go to the Surface settings in which the first option must be reflected: networks and internet or connections. Tap to enter WiFi network settings.
- Likewise, in the network and internet settings, you have as the first option the one that shows you the available connections.
This is to verify that the Surface is indeed connected to the device, so the icon will appear blue. If not, tap the power on to network icon to be able to turn it on.
- When in this «active» state, tap on the left on «WiFi» to go to settings. There will appear a list of available networks from which you will choose the one you are going to share by clicking on the gear or settings icon.
- Then, on the right side, the icon that allows you to share that QR code will appear.
The great thing about this tool is that you can follow the steps for different WiFi networks and share them whenever you want. However, if it doesn’t show up, it may be that you need to update the operating system of your Microsoft Surface.
But if this task is difficult for you or you have any complications with your Surface device, whatever the model, whatever the fault, you can contact us so that we can help you quickly and safely.
We reach all of Madrid with our computer repairs: in Carabanchel, Latina, Aravaca, Fuencarral, Tetuán, Salamanca, Retiro, Centro, Arganzuela, Salamanca, Chamartín, Chamberí, Usera, Puente de Vallecas, Moratalaz, Ciudad Lineal, Hortaleza, Villaverde, Villa de Vallecas, Viválcaro, Canillejas and Barajas.
THE SURFACE REPAIR YOU WERE LOOKING FOR IS HERE
Don’t wait for the problem to get worse
Timely Surface PC service can prevent major disputes resulting in overspending